Are you currently looking for a very dynamic, and fast paced career? The Wilmington Fire Protection District has opportunities available for those interested in giving back to their community. There are several different levels of employment available based upon your qualifications and residence. Applications may be picked up from the fire station during normal business hours.
Part-Time Membership: Part-time membership positions are available to those who live outside the jurisdiction of the Wilmington Fire Protection District. In order to qualify for part-time membership, applicants must possess the following attributes:
- Currently Certified as an Illinois Basic Operations Firefighter (Or Higher)
- Currently Certified as an Illinois EMT-Paramedic or EMT-Basic
Paid On Call: Paid on call membership positions are available to those who live within the jurisdiction of the Wilmington Fire Protection District. A paid on call member will receive initial training and complete a probation period of 12 months. Upon successful completion of the probation period, paid on call members may respond to incidents and pursue further qualification. In order to qualify for paid on call membership, applicants must:
- Live within the Wilmington Fire Protection District’s Jurisdiction
- Be 18 Years of Age or Older
- Have a Valid Drivers License
- Have a Willingness to Learn
Any questions about positions may be directed to the fire station at (815)476-6675.